Sunday 1 September 2013

THE AUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTY CAMPAIGN LAUNCH

This morning was the Labor Party of Australia launch of their campaign to retain office in the upcoming elections on the 7th of Sept.
These are my observations.
Therese, Kevin Rudd's wife, introduced him and I am afraid that her speech lacked warmth and was rather repetitious. Many times she said, 'Let me introduce etc etc.
Rudd's speech was really in two main parts.
Firstly about the achievements of past Labor governments.
Secondly the usual negative and personal attacks on Tony Abbott.
The main thing that it lacked was a real vision of what he as a possible Prime Minister for the next three years had for the future of the country.
At times his speech was full of bluster and one could not help feeling it was a plea to, 'Please Love Me.'
His attacks on the Coalition were the usual (now mostly discredited) ones about 70billion worth of cuts cuts cuts.
I do not believe that this will re-energise the Labor campaign.
I again stress that I am not a member of any political party.

No comments:

Post a Comment